About the Authors
- Anna M. van Eijk
- Department of Infectious Diseases, Tropical Medicine and AIDS, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Kim A. Lindblade, Ya Ping Shi, Laurence Slutsker
- Division of Parasitic Diseases, National Centre for Zoonotic, Vector-Borne and Enteric Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Frank Odhiambo, Diana Karanja, John G. Ayisi, Kubaje Adazu
- Centre for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kisumu, Kenya
- Elizabeth Peterson
- Vermont Department of Health, Burlington, Vermont, United States of America
- Daniel H. Rosen
- Global AIDS Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Harare, Zimbabwe
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: AvE KAL. Analyzed the data: AvE KAL FO. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: DMK YPS. Wrote the paper: AvE. Conception and design, analysis and interpretation of data: KAL. Critical review of the manuscript: KAL FO DHR DMK JGA YPS KA LS. Conduct of study, analysis and interpretation of data: FO. Data entry, analysis and interpretation: DHR. Conduct of the study, interpretation of data: DMK YPS. Conduct of the study, drafting the manuscript: JGA. Design of study, interpretation of data: KA LS.