About the Authors
- Victoria J. Wright, Rosemary E. Weir, Quentin D. Bickle
- Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- Shaali Makame Ame, Haji Said Haji, Hamad Juma Haji
- Public Health Laboratory Ivo de Carneri, Wawi, Chake Chake, Pemba Island, Zanzibar, United Republic of Tanzania
- David Goodman, James M. Tielsch
- Centre for Human Nutrition, Department of International Health, The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- David I. Pritchard
- School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Mahdi Ramsan Mohamed
- RTI International, Dar es Salam, United Republic of Tanzania
- Rebecca J. Stoltzfus
- Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: VJW REW JMT RJS QDB. Performed the experiments: VJW SMA HSH QDB. Analyzed the data: VJW QDB. Wrote the paper: VJW QDB. Responsible for parasitology: DG. Supplied hookworm antigen and reviewed paper: DIP. Supervised fieldwork: MRM HJH.