About the Authors
- Emma M. Harding-Esch, Tansy Edwards, Martin J. Holland, Sarah E. Burr, David C. W. Mabey, Robin L. Bailey
- Clinical Research Unit, Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- Harran Mkocha
- Kongwa Trachoma Project, Kongwa, Tanzania
- Beatriz Munoz, Dianne Stare, Sheila K. West
- Dana Center for Preventive Ophthalmology, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Martin J. Holland, Sarah E. Burr
- Medical Research Council Laboratories, Fajara, Banjul, The Gambia
- Ansumana Sillah
- National Eye Care Programme, Gambian Department of State for Health and Social Welfare, Banjul, The Gambia
- Charlotte A. Gaydos
- Division of Infectious Diseases, Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: DCWM RLB SKW. Performed the experiments: EMH-E HM MJH SEB AS CAG DS. Analyzed the data: TE BM. Wrote the paper: EMH-E TE HM BM MJH SEB AS CAG DS DCWM RLB SKW. Coordinated the project: EMH-E Interpreted the data: EMH-E TE BM DCWM RLB SKW.