About the Authors
- Kis Robertson, Brett Petersen
- Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Boonlert Lumlertdacha
- Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute (WHO Collaborating Centre for Research on Rabies), Thai Red Cross Society, Bangkok, Thailand
- Richard Franka, Charles E. Rupprecht
- Poxvirus and Rabies Branch, Division of High-Consequence Pathogens and Pathology, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Saithip Bhengsri, Sununta Henchaichon, Leonard F. Peruski, Henry C. Baggett, Susan A. Maloney
- International Emerging Infections Program, Global Disease Detection and Emergency Response Division, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Bangkok, Thailand
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: KR BL RF SB LFP HCB SAM CER. Performed the experiments: KR BL BP SB SH. Analyzed the data: KR. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: KR. Wrote the paper: KR BL RF BP SH LFP HCB SAM. Served as an interpreter and interviewer, and facilitated recruitment: BL. Facilitated collaboration with contacts in Thailand so logistics were in place for study: RF. Interviewed subjects: SB SH. Assisted with logistics: LFP HCB SAM.