About the Authors
- Sarah E. Burr, John D. Hart, Emma M. Harding-Esch, Martin J. Holland, David C. W. Mabey, Robin L. Bailey
- Department of Clinical Research, Faculty of Infectious and Tropical Disease, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- Sarah E. Burr, Ignatius Baldeh, Ebrima Bojang
- Medical Research Council Unit, Fajara, Banjul, The Gambia
- Tansy Edwards
- MRC Tropical Epidemiology Group, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- Thomas M. Lietman
- Francis I. Proctor Foundation for Research in Ophthalmology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
- Sheila K. West
- Dana Center for Preventive Ophthalmology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Ansumana Sillah
- National Eye Health Programe, Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Kanifing, The Gambia
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: SEB JDH IB RLB. Performed the experiments: SEB JDH IB EB. Analyzed the data: TE. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: MJH TML SKW DCWM RLB. Wrote the paper: SEB JDH TE EMHE MJH TML SKW DCWM AS RLB. Coordinated the project: SEB JDH AS EMHE. Interpreted the data: SEB TE RLB.